Sunday, September 1, 2013

Summer Concerts and Movies 2013

I went to more free summer concerts and movies this year!
There are several websites that list all the free concerts--I just Googled "Free summer concerts san diego 2013;" but here is a website you can try if you are interested (sorry, summer's pretty much over, so you'll have to search again to find a 2014 list):
http://www.sandiegotraveltips.com/public/San_Diego_Free_Outdoor_Summer_Concerts_2013.cfm
Here is the free summer movie website. There are still a few over the next few weeks:
http://www.funflicks.com/summer-movie-series/

And here are my photos from the various events!

Concert 1: Twilight in the Park, Balboa Park, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday evenings 
Movie 1: Rise of the Guardians in Mira Mesa

Concert 2: Point Loma: These are my favorite, but I think there are only 4 every summer

HUGE crowd at Point Loma

Movie 2: The Croods in Clairemont


Concert 3: Scripps Park in La Jolla

Concert 3: Symphony in the Park, Hoyt Park in Scripps Ranch
I also attended a University Heights Trolley Barn Park concert, a Pacific Beach Concert on the Green at Kate Sessions, and a Standley Park Concert in UTC, but I forgot to take photos. I would have liked to have attended a North Park Bird Park concert, and a Mission Hills' Pioneer Park concert, but I didn't get a chance. All the rest are really too far away to be worth my time and gas money.

One important thing I learned, which you probably already know, is that friends are more important than concerts. There were several times when I had planned to go to a concert, but I was invited to hang out with people, and I always chose the people. When I go to concerts, I usually spread out on a blanket, towel, or jacket, and I just sit and read for the whole time. Sometimes I eat a little. I think concerts are a great time to invite friends and have a picnic, though I haven't done that myself. So, I may not have collected as many San Diego experiences as I would have otherwise, but I have gotten closer to my friends, and that's better.

No comments:

Post a Comment