Monday, May 6, 2013

Cabrillo National Monument and Tidepools

I've been to the Cabrillo National Monument and tidepools 3 times now, and I'm pretty sure it's one of my favorite places in San Diego. I had never before seen so many and such a variety of sea creatures in their natural habitat! Here are my photos of the museum, the lighthouse, the trail, the views, the monument, and best of all, the tidepools. By the way, it's a National Park, which means it's free on National Park free days. Otherwise, I think it's just $5 per car, which isn't bad at all. There are also 3 short films (approx. 20 min. each) about whales, tidepools, and Cabrillo, which I enjoyed.






















Sea urchin! This was the coolest creature I saw.



Sea snail


Abalone

A keyhole limpet, I believe

Sea anemones


Low tide day

Tide-not-low-enough day

No comments:

Post a Comment