Sunday, May 5, 2013

December Nights!

Today I went to the Cinco de Mayo Fiesta in Old Town, which was fun, though I got a bit wet when it started raining. But, again, I am not going to upload those photos today, so instead I will post about December Nights, which if you don't already know is a totally amazing fair in Balboa Park, the first full weekend in December. My coworkers told me about it, and I looked into it, and it was truly one of the highlights of my year. I will try to only post a few photos per thing that I did, but I did a whole lot of stuff so there'll be a whole lot of photos.
Lego Train: Model Railroad Museum
Lionel Toy Train Room: Model Railroad Museum
A Gingerbread House! Can you believe it?
Mingei International Museum (I think)
An exhibit on musical instruments: Mingei International Museum (it was one of my favorite exhibits)

Carolers
Look at those crowds! 
Dancers
Beautiful and ginormous Christmas tree
Nativity Scene

A Hobbit Hole! Gandalf was added later.
The Grinch Tree
Bonsai Trees: Japanese Friendship Garden
Some kids performing
A dry (rock) waterfall in the Japanese Friendship Garden
I got to feed Koi fish!
Creatively decorated Christmas trees
Air and Space Museum!

Automotive Museum
Santa Lucia Procession
A Christmas Tree made out of plants
The Zoo!
There are still more things that I did that I didn't take pictures of! Here's what I can remember:
  • Reuben H. Fleet Science Center
  • San Diego Museum of Art (no photos allowed)
  • Nutcracker Ballet (selections)
  • A Christmas Carol puppet show
  • International Cottages (and TONS of food booths!)
  • Lots of advertising booths and free giveaways (the coolest thing I got was a reusable straw cup)
  • Hall of Champions
  • Museum of the Living Artist @ SDAI
  • More Dancing (modern dance)
There were even more performances, free museums, food and booths that I didn't get to see or experience. It was uber-crowded, but totally worth it! Make sure to get there early to park! I parked in the zoo lot both days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment