Wednesday, November 6, 2013

More Reflections and Changes

I've thought more about what I would change for my new blog.

I want to organize the tags better.
I want to have a master list, printed out, that I can mark up and refer to, without having to have multiple tabs/windows open. So much easier.
I want to decide on a specific format, that gives specific information:
address, how to get there, what the entrance looks like (if necessary), nearby landmarks, where to park, nearest bus stops, hours of operation, admission prices (for all ages), free days. For playgrounds, what amenities, bathrooms, drinking fountains, gate. For restaurants, what is best to order that's not spicy, what they're famous for, general prices, kid friendly or not. I want to make a template like this for each place to bring with me when I go. I will have a checklist of what photos to take, and blanks to fill in various information, and then I will have that with me when I make the blog post.
I think it'd be nice to start with a photo and then go into the description, followed by more photos which have captions or further explanations.
Why? because unlike this blog, which is mostly just for me, and which is more a record of what I did, I want my SF blog to be instructive, and repeatable. I want others to be able to visit it and say, wow, cool, I want to do that! and then they have all the information they need to do it!
It won't be as wonderfully comprehensive as the SFKids website, but possibly it will be a little more accessible, like more personal, with more photos and inside info, not just an overview. yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment