Friday, November 29, 2013

Sea World's Christmas Celebration: Snow World

Every year around Christmas, Sea World does Christmasy things (they also do Halloween things around Halloween- that one's fun because they give out free candy!). The part that I liked best was Snow World, because of course kids in San Diego don't generally get much of a chance to play in the snow. There was sledding, a snowball shooting gallery, and a snowy area where you could just play. There are also Christmas shows, reindeer, and Santa, plus cookie decorating, flavor-your-own-snowcone, and hot chocolate.

There are also special Christmas shows! They have the animals do all the same tricks, but they use Christmasy names and have Christmasy props and costumes. Note: the photos are out of order. I don't know what happened, but the blog keeps moving them, and won't let me move them back. Whatever.

Snow World didn't open until noon, so I rode Manta a few times, and I petted some dolphins and some bat rays, plus I saw a show. 

Sledding- the best part! You're only allowed to do this if you are between 37 and 61 inches. Fortunately I'm only 5 feet tall, so I got in no problem. This was by far the best part, and it was the whole reason I went to SeaWorld. The line gets really long, though. 


I am totally a sucker for getting shots of jumping animals. As much as I tell myself, "this time, just enjoy it!", as soon as they start jumping, I get the camera out.  
If you hit any of the plastic windows, it makes a sound. It was pretty fun, but I wish I had brought my gloves, because my hands got too cold after only 10 minutes.









This part was a bit too silly for me. These actors are pretty amazing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment