Saturday, November 16, 2013

Torrey Pines State Reserve

Torrey Pines is a beautiful place to to hike, and there's a beach which is really nice too. You can pay $10-$12 to park in a lot, but you can also park on the street at the bottom, and then walk up. Usually the turnover is pretty high so it's worth it to wait for a space. However, it's a 15-minute walk to the top, so it's also worth it to just pay and drive to the top.

There are several well-marked and well-worn trails, all with spectacular views. The rock formations are magnificent, the plants are pretty cool, and the ocean views are incredible, especially on a clear day.
On this day, I walked the Razor Point and Yucca Point trails, the High Point trail and the Guy Fleming trail. About two years ago, I also went to Torrey Pines, and that day I did the Broken Hill trail, and I walked along the beach. I think I may have also done Razor Point, but I can't remember.

There are guided walks every Saturday, Sunday and holiday at 10am and 2pm. I went on a guided walk, and there were only two other people besides the guide, so it was really nice and personalized. It was probably the best guided nature walk I've ever gone on.


Fancy Spider






A red-tailed hawk














So beautiful!!




No comments:

Post a Comment