Thursday, December 26, 2013

Balboa Park Rose Garden and Desert Garden

Balboa Park has lots of very nice gardens. The first day after I moved to San Diego, I stumbled across these gardens and I couldn't believe they were just there for people to enjoy! I've wanted to come back ever since just to walk around, but I didn't get to until this week. I don't know when roses are normally in bloom, but they were bold and beautiful in the middle of December! 













I took a little detour from the Desert Garden and just kept walking along a path I found. There was a whole bunch of chocolate flower bushes! I don't know if that's the official name, but they smell like chocolate, and that's what one of the guides at the San Diego Botanical Garden called them. 






No comments:

Post a Comment