Tuesday, December 3, 2013

U.S. Olympic Training Center

This is a really cool place. I took both the guided tour and the self-guided cell phone tour. I couldn't quite figure out how it worked, though- apparently the public can use parts of it, sometimes, but most of the time athletes have to be "invited" though they can request an invitation. If they are "invited," then they get free room and board. Sometimes, athletes choose to live off-site, but I don't know if they get a living stipend or if they have to pay for their own housing if they choose to live off-site. And I don't know if the ones who live off-site are still counted in the total that are allowed to train there. Not that anyone really cares, but I'm curious. Anyway, the grounds are beautiful, and the tour was fun and informative, and it's worth a visit, particularly if you live closer to it than I do.

BMX exhibit




This is where the torch burns for special events


One of three BMX tracks



This is the Field Hockey Field

Softball apparently is no longer an olympic sport, so they're going to get rid of this field soon



A ropes course

Archery!


I'm not sure why, but they had a whole bunch of orange trees just standing there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment